Something rolling around in my brain...
When Try loses confidence she tends to be sweet, bonding, eager to please, looking for leadership--mild RBI--not freezing or exploding. This is a lovely place as far as having a good attitude toward the kind of precision equitation learning I need to be a better rider.
BUT isn't it always bad for a horse to lose confidence?
By the same token if Try is LBI bratty--then I need to be the leader so she will be in a frame of mind/motivated for us to do things together following my suggestion/leadership.
What is the difference between a mild LBI/mild RBI would cusp be really good for someone seeking to do arena work to improve their riding skills????
I don't think it is always bad to have a horse lose confidence. If it never loses it, how do you build it? How do you show the horse what can of leader you will be in those moments of un-confidence. I also don't think it is realistic to have a horse that will not lose confidence. It is how we handle it that is important.
ReplyDelete