Good day today.
1. Considered haltering habits in the pasture--see habit/patterns subblog.
2. In the ring on line: reviewed Tuesdays use of porcupine game instead of driving game to build confidence.
a. yoyo: She had it--I played with my habit of not preparing, asking and accepting a couple poor tries. Today I had her with me mentally, cued her something is coming and then asked for yoyo. Life up she backed out quite nicely and then stopped as I began life down. WOW Patience as an RBE for me is big--take the time to go step by step.
b. circling transitions from leading rein were pretty good--better than Thur but still some confusion and not light as driving to cue.
c. 360s didn't take too long for her to realize she should plant the outside hind foot--did a couple times on each side.
d. Z5 porcupine/not driving--one step R/L and she was off--we've got this and I like it as a cue to begin z5 driving.
Riding: the usual warmup: walk til blow is a great habit, and my pilates warmup is another great habit.
Leading rein to cue was confusing especially at the canter. Some nice HQ yield on wheelbarrow turns and some nice canter. Left the ring for some passenger time and got bombarded by biting flies so quit, showered the sweat off Try and applied some of the heavy duty citronella fly stuff. Hope that will help her with the little devils out in the pasture.
No comments:
Post a Comment