Assumption: Try assumes when I dismount the session is over.
Emotion: It hurt my feelings that Try didn't want to do Z5 driving up the road.
Goal: I need to sort all this out to stay on track--power up, phase 1-4, wait not busy--Jim Carrey.
Try and I started with 30 minutes or so of liberty after a little sticking together.
1. Sideways left side Eup/dn--check, second side less precision
2. Sideways zigzag to buckets: left side lovely, right side ??
3. Next time: E up/dn and simpler progression? farther or faster??? and if so warmup strongly for it.
Actually Try wanted to be back in the barn--it might have been better to start with a catch me game to get a good attitude??? ASK
Saddling at liberty: this went well.
Usual warmup--Try reminded me to wait 20 seconds, walk til never blew (clue there??) and I did my pilates exer. No stirrups: I decided instead of 4 laps to do 1 serpentine, 1 cloverleaf, 1 serpentine. I had started the session with stirrups up not thinking that I needed them to warmup Try at a trot with them. Anyway the first serpentine was rough as Try wanted to jog more than trot--after that Try settled into a nice consistent trot. I felt good too--later realized that it was 4.6 laps not 4. But really felt like nothing tho I am sore today.
After the no stirrups I had planned to finish with a z5 porcupine start and drive up the road and back stopping at nice grassy places. It did not go well--bits and pieces ok out front etc.
So, we went out back and finished with pleasant catch me into circle game. Some nice trot. A little emotion from Try and then settling into blowing, rhythm, relaxation and contact with me. We quit there for the day.
1. Add to habit list--Try assumes session over with dismount--do the unexpected.
2. I need to get over having my feelings hurt that we didn't get a great Z5 drive up the road.
3. Review some Dan T/match notes to have myself firmly on track for the next session.
POWER up, my energy, Use phases 1-4 calmly, wait, Jim Carrey.
No comments:
Post a Comment