Still under the weather--virus or whatever.
Went to the barn as I was tired of being home and being sick--ready to have my life back!
Try was in her stall and happy to get out. We hung out together awhile out back then played a little stick to me and then played with back feet on the pedestal. She is close to offering to lift one back foot on the pedestal while straddling the pedestal. I am unsure of phasing. A few sessions ago I thought she was unconfident, now I think she is hesitating out of dominance and I need my 3 second phase 1 followed by a ?? effective phase 4???
Groomed at liberty and saddling went well--less reaction to tightening the girth. In the ring we did the usual wait 20 seconds (and SHE will remind me of this! and knows when 20 seconds is up!??), then walk til blow, pilates for me. Then walk/halt with 2 sticks and it is not going as well ASK Also trot halt I am unsure how to cue. Vocal cueing?? Got a nice turn on the haunches with 2 sticks. Actually did not use reins at all in the 30 minutes or so--and only needed sticks for teaching confidence with sticks not for direction and did not need much leg either--walk and trot.
Then walked up the drive. Try was very alive checking everything out with no horses outside. Got to end of the drive and let her decide--she decided to go back--I was glad as that was my choice also. Got to the field with the small hill and decided to do a little more. played with cloverleaf some including cantering uphill--concentrating on the quality of my cueing of transitions walk/trot/canter
Finished with the full spa sudsy bath and grazing on line around the property.
No comments:
Post a Comment