Monday, May 16, 2011

Thoughts on match report for Try and I

I thought it would be good to summarize my thoughts on the match report for me as extravert and Try as LBI and related learning from Dan Thompson.

1. Energy we are a pretty good match IF I adjust to Try.
2. Her confidence can be good for me.

challenge: When Try is LBI/dominant she is clever about taking over the game. But the way to have her play MY game is through engaging her MENTALLY--ya can't beat up on a LBI!!
1. We have a pattern to break of my not being as particular as I should and Try circumventing my efforts.
2. We have an issue--moving toward L4 impulsion that as I apply more pressure--particularly bringing up my internal energy level--that Try loses confidence. i.e. she goes RBI and I need to bring her back to left brain before proceeding on.

Strategies:
1. You can't teach an LBI if they are not in a LEARNING frame of mind. So Try needs to be confident but tuned in to me. I find the sticking together/liberty game as a good way to connect and begin to be open to each other.
2. SLOW down. Match her energy. For me I have the tendency as an extravert of being busy, busy, busy and I ask, ask, ask--although it may only be a phase 1 or 2--still it is rude and causes her to tune me out. Nagging. Solution IF Try knows the game--we are not in the teaching phase--reinforcing then I want to be careful for a long (3 seconds) phase 1 and then go to phase 4. BUT PHASE 4 needs to be something she cares about and the more creative the better--i.e. a sideways swing of the string to an unexpected body part would be light but plenty for Try as sensitive as she is. SHE does NOT need a big spank on the ground or "tagging" her.
3. Wait--ask then give her time to figure it out--its your move.
4. Reverse psychology--figure out what she expects me to do and do the opposite.
5. Stay fresh with review levels dvds, pattern and self assessment sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment