I arrived remembering the feeling of big confident energy of Sunday but was not able to find it. I think Try is so much more dominant than I am. I think this is also a case of rising expectations as I am finding that I have been accepting sorta ok instead of excellence and that Try is well aware of this and is playing with me--bless her heart.
Nice catch me/green light in the pasture. Groomed in the barn for the shade, cooled her down with damp cloth etc. She prefers grooming at liberty in the small paddock so she can graze intermittently etc but oh well.
Ring: did just a tad bit of sideways away and towards--not finding much excellence then a little cutting finding some confusion and a little energy. As she got sweeter we proceeded to pedestal to mount.
Mount: shake to square off, ask for permission--didn't really get it and she walked off a step or two--would not have happened if I had gone ahead??? Waited 20 seconds. Walk til blow and some stretching and soft feel. No stirrups strength building for me one lap each way without stopping (1/3 mile). Then we left the ring for a passenger walk where ever. Try picked again out of the farm--wish someone had been around so we could have explored that.
Back to the barn to share an apple and then for a nice long shower to get rid of sweat (that attracts insects??) cleaning out her ears where she had been bitten, and giving her a good citronella fly repellent dose. I think I can only afford that about once a week and will need the spray in between.
Followed up with a leisurely graze on line to the really good spots on the way back to her pasture. She rolled twice--did not get to touch her but I was next to her which is such a big step from her being unwilling to roll if a human was in sight. (What was that all about?)
In conclusion I am being challenged to be aware of the dominance issues between us--I think this is bigger and more prevalent than the RBE/RBI?? Put on ask Dan list.
No comments:
Post a Comment