Went to the pasture and Try gave me the green light to halter but then let me know she wasn't thrilled about the idea.
Went to paddock out back and played with sticking together for a loooooong time. No problem getting her going, other than the desire to eat grass, and I mirrored her for ??10 minutes or so before taking over the game. Eventually moving apart and asking her to turn with me and to reconnect, walk, back and sideways together.
Then on line:
1. yoyo: she had this the first time--backing from my life up and stopped with life down!!
2. 360FQ yield planting the outside hind leg--we just aren't getting this. ?? ask Sara or BA to watch and see what I am doing or film.
Saddled up--Try forgot to tell me she hates me to tighten the girth until we got to holes 5--she is so much happier with this at liberty or if she is concentrating on eating grass, other horses etc. This is such a mental/emotional not physical thing.
Mounting: I am making a program of asking her to pick me up, rocking her to square up, looking for the green light then waiting for 20 seconds before walking off. Then walk til blow and my pilates.
Stretching and soft feel--I forgot Michael Jackson--need to be conscious of whether or not I match Try in my body here.
Asked for halt--seat was not enough, used verbal cue. Then asked for backup--really sloppy--LBI. Then decided to go ahead and ask for snappy backup--this may have been a mistake?? Reved her up so we trotted a long time til she relaxed. ??RBE??
Next lateral flexion, etc and played with falling leaf and it was good both ways--at least compared to other stuff. wheelbarrow turn good also--I think.
Then canter--one lap tracking left and let that go into cantering with turns and patterns all over the ring so I could work on leaving the reins on the mane and see if she would turn from eyes, belly button leg alone and it was really good. Then we walked and messed around awhile before picking up the other lead and did a lap. Stopped and she was immediately relaxed.
Left the ring for passenger and she was relaxed but started to the barn. I decided to change the game and ask her to go up the drive instead to test whether or not she would like to go somewhere--we got to the end of the drive and she wanted to return?? first time! So we came back.
On the way back to test her emotional fitness and to fake her out with some reverse psychology by riding back into the ring to get my carrot stick. She managed this quite nicely.
Then clean up in the barn, I decided it would be good for Try to just hang out tied there while I put things away etc. She was relaxed but then glad to graze on the way back to her pasture.
No comments:
Post a Comment