Tuesday, May 24, 2011

can you say hard headed?

How many times do I need to hear something before I apply it??!!??

Yesterday phone coaching with Dan Thompson mostly about my wanting to change my busy busy/nagging way of cueing Try. See PP notes for my questions and notes from the call.

So today plan was to Set up video camera at back paddock so I could watch my busy-ness and efforts to cure it.
Try sticking together til she is in good mood--This was the plan but she went right to the pedestal quickly.
Pedestal
Plan: Urge forward w/rope and tap back foot,  Flick derriere if she doesn’t put  foot on pedestal,     Repeat if necess til find an effective phase 4 Result: I was still busy but in a couple tries w/a flick of string to HQ as phase 4, she put the foot up on the pedestal. Next time both hind feet??

Girth program: Follow Dan's suggestion to try this out as LB behavior. WOW did it work. I used the bareback pad, powered up and when she gave me the evilness I asked her to sidepass, only took twice before she cut it out and was licking and chewing!!!

Jumping on the circle  for relaxation: set up cavaletti pole on the fence to make a jump. We just did the one jump today--she went over it maybe 6 times before she relaxed and went over it with only the energy needed.

Mounting from the fence--Try came and picked me up without my asking, wait 20 seconds, walk til blow, backing from porcupine HQ yields-- Life up, hunker down, my urgency--best ever.

Passenger in the ring or up/dn the road at a trot for a little no stirrups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment