Friday, April 1, 2011

Thursday two lovely hours with Spiderman

I am really enjoying spending time with this pony. I still don't know about his horsenality as I have seen him in all 4 quadrants.

I am especially pleased about
1. draw--at liberty he follows me like a puppy dog and if we are separate it takes only the slightest invitation for him to come.
2. tricks he knows seem to be fading: not standing still at the mounting block, walking off when mounting, not seeking the bit, going slow (to play games with human) and speeding up at the canter to scare children riders. All of this is so improved--almost non existant. Really helps to play on the ground on line or liberty to get in sync.
3. I think he is enjoying variety, being encouraged to think, and doing different things--freestyle riding, trail ride and more of this to come.

Thursday:
Liberty: lovely catching game and sticking together. Sticking together--doesn't understand the mirroring yet especially compared with Try. So much draw. Extreme friendly: 3 days in a row of helicopter in all five zones. Probably could not start slapping the ground.
On Line: Backing--just getting the idea of backing to the end of the rope with lots of stops, 360--following plan and quit when he plants back feet. ??is he getting it?? Added back in the zone 5 following.
Freestyle: figure 8, follow the rail, 9 step back up, etc
Finesse: dressage like million transitions with follow the rail. Homework picking up the canter on the right lead. Also remember upward transitions take a little more time and downward from trot to walk he responds quickly but who knows for canter to trot transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment