Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tuesday magic day

After 3 rainy days, I went to the barn rested, relaxed, prepared to take my time and not try to do too much--to be aware of both horse's mental frame. It would be great to be in such a good frame of mind everytime as we all enjoyed our day.

When I arrived Try saw me and went to the fence to meet me. However, Spiderman was first up today as I wanted trail time at the end for Try.

Spiderman and I spent at least a half hour at liberty in the paddock out back and he followed me like a puppy or came to me with just the slightest invitation. WOW. Also we had helicopter in all five zones and he followed me while I swung the stick and string pendulum in front of me. We had stick together but not yet a sense of Spiderman mirroring my gaits.

On Line: We did drive the FQ and quit when he planted the back feet and did a couple steps of pivot.
Also maintain gait while backing--he is at least getting the idea of backing to the end of the rope with lots of stops between--hard for me to be neutral.

Riding: walk til blow, lateral flexion and disengage HQ softer than before but he still gets concerned, passenger--yup he goes to the gate--did for five minutes. Some time it would be fun to just leave the gate open and see where he would like to go. Figure 8 pattern--druthers to go to gate and pedestal and doesn't realize he is supposed to take responsibility for the pattern. ASK DAN list. Million transitions on the rail while I got my 4 laps of no stirrups in.

BA cleaned him up--clipped bridle path etc--mane is coming along--

Try: sticking together changing sides and slow spin and go were GREAT
Backup: maintain gait all the way to taking the rope off the ground--I could see her click in and understand the concept of lifting the rope being ok.
Circle leg yield: yes it was absolutely there.

Ride: walk til blow, lateral flexion, wheel barrow turn--I wan't clear but Try was. HQ backup--I quit when she started backing, bits of contact, etc. Then we walked out of the ring and she chose to go right up the road then right to go past the geldings' pasture--not a surprize since she is in season. Then we came back and rode in her field with the hills. Walk the perimenter to check footing after the rain. Then trot serpentines and she picks up impulsion going down hill. Then WONDERFUL relaxed, unemotional canter circles. Some time soon I think it would be interesting to make up a pattern where we canter up hill then transition to something else.

Finished with cleaning up some and clipping ears, muzzle, bridle path--too cold for a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment