Wednesday Trail Ride
I was feeling the need to not PUSH today--Beth Anna was around and up for a trail ride together so she rode Try bareback and I rode Spiderman in close contact saddle. We went around the trail on the property then up the road to check out the cows.
I was pleased Spiderman was lovely and calm and followed Try--he was curious about the cows only. Now I know I can take him out by myself. Also from last week I know he will settle easily at a new place.
Try was great also including staying relaxed at the walk on the way back to the farm.
On Line with Spiderman: lotsa time with friendly today working on myself to teach stick and string doesn't mean lunge. I can touch his check and he doesn't move; also I can do the back to the fence and he will stop and come to me--I wonder how to progress this???
Backup: he understands this from yoyo with finger, little shake of rope, little stick etc.
Stick to me trot and back--we got one that was great.
Squeezed over a small jump was also great DUH.
No comments:
Post a Comment