Lovely day with Spiderman
I was prepared--todo list shortened and set up for success in rebuilding his confidence as the goal for today.
This was achieved tho the video showed times where he was not tuned in to the game and next time I can ask for more.
Big achievements:
1. Helicopter in zone 5 no hands on him -- first time, really good--will need reinforcement I am sure.
2. yoyo: he will back but still no concept of maintain gait??????? I need input.
3. We rode for the first time in the 200x300 ring with no bit--possible the first time in his long career. I found no issues with it. We walked til he blew--about 6 strides!! We did our lateral flextion and diseng HQ from indirect rein--it feels messy to me and needs more time and persistance. We did figure 8 and follow the rail--they went well--no doubt about his knowing follow the rail and he was doing figure 8 from change in body weight but ?? not understanding it as a pattern per se. Also did laps of no stirrups posting trot for me on very loose reins. started 9 step backup and it is better than the indirect rein as more familiar I am sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment