Try and I spent our time together Wednesday playing in her field. Her pasture mate Angel was there also--she wanted to play with us but was lovely about going back to grazing when Try and I got active.
We started slow on line but neither one of us could seem to get any real impulsion or energy going as we got started. If everything means something I supposed that wasn't real good but that's what it was--kinda 1/2 hearted from both of us.
When we saddled up it changed: Likely because my energy level came up knowing we were riding in the big pasture.We walked til she blew (quickly) and I did my pilates warmup (roll down, the saw etc). Then played with a soft feel at a walk and stretching down. Walk and trot halt and back--backup much improved--better impulsion and lighter cueing--did not need the stick on the butt just a little leg. Falling leaf was a wow--good turn on the forehand and lovely swing of the shoulders. I was so proud. A little sideways--a bit sluggish still--this was wonderful on line on Monday--hmmm.
We also did some canter yoyos: pretty good depart and energy, halt could be snappier and stopping with reins down to test for quick relaxation was also pretty good. Next we trotted and cantered the 6 barrel pattern in different ways--for point to point and relaxation and for me to test that I did not need reins to follow focus and make turns.
All in all a good day. Looking forward to Thursday taking Try and Spiderman to the indoor at Ft Barnwell for something different.
No comments:
Post a Comment