Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Monday

Try:
She was feeling very laid back, sluggish today. Warmed up to raise energy level using backup--took a bit for her to remember it (reinforcing a refinement??). Then circling with falling leaf and Try showed some temper/dominance and worked through it pretty well. Then we had some of the best (speed, distance refinement) sideways away and towards on both sides--wish I had filmed it.

Riding: freestyle, carrot stick. Ride til blow, soft feel at the walk like what I am doing with Spiderman and it was improved, stretching down, leg yields on the circle. Falling leaf really using the carrot stick and I got some really good shoulder swings. Reinforcing the speedy backup--good even without the stick on the butt. Canter yoyos were sluggish but we did em. Cantered randomly around the ring, jumps etc--did not need much stick--my focus, belly button leg--Check this by keeping the reins on the neck.

Then we played with barrels in the field trot and canter.

Spiderman:
Started riding in the ring--Bethanna was riding Forrest. Spiderman spooked one time--similar to the time I fell???? Anyway did session with walk, trot, canter with some contact. My best no stirrups sitting on my balance point canter in close contact saddle ever. Note: On line warmup is important for good energy from Spiderman when we start riding and he was also really sluggish starting out today.

Finished after a nice long shower with sideways in the paddock and Spiderman is really getting it now. I need to be sure to give him plenty of slack and only cue the lagging body part.

No comments:

Post a Comment