Spent today reviewing notes from sessions with Dan Thompson monthly since August--had not done so since first of January and found that a lot of it has whole new meaning now.
Found 12 clusters of ideas that keep repeating and will post them here later.
Then I was curious and went back and watched myself lunge and ride walk/jog/canter Lucky at Rollover about ten years ago. It was interesting in that I looked more like I was confident and knew what I was doing than was the case--I actually was pretty much scared most of the time and trying to pretend I was not.
Then I thought it would be interesting to watch some on line level 1 from the assessment done by Carol Coppinger back in ??2004. I saw a lot of unnecessary phase 3 and 4 and Try pretty tuned out.
Next I viewed the level 3 on line from about two years ago and could see improvement but couldn't see why I was so into doing it right instead of just dancing and having fun--real lesson for me there!!
Just caught up with your blog after being gone for two weeks. Lucky you, you got lots of horse time in, I am jealous! Loved your comments about RTTH...
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great play!
Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central
Thanks Petra, good to have you back. RTTH was incredible--even tho just a webcast I was rivetted the entire 3 days then so proud that Pat's horse still looked calm, confident and curious. It was just a bonus that he did a great job on the obstacle course--I could have cared less about that--was so worried that expecting so much from babies with only 3 hours of training could scar them for life. I really wish all the big Parelli events could be available by webcast as I only get to generally one per year.
ReplyDeleteAnyway glad you are back and thank you for providing us so much great reading and inspiration in the blogs.