- Friendly: If I keep my hand on his chest, he doesn't take swinging stick and string over his back as a cue to move his feet. How can I progress this? Did back to the fence slap ground and he would move and stop and draw to me. He doesn't mind being rubbed with objects. Its just decades of stick and string (whip) meaning move your feet and lunge.
- Porcupine is so lovely FQ/HQ neither a ball or chair, head down is good--light cue but no understanding, backing from the chest is ok and from the nose--opposition reflex
- Driving--FQ/HQ 360s good. Touch it is coming--nose on an object. Not hard to get him to move his feet and can do from 20' away but slow to respond to what I intend once he gets there.
- Yoyo: not unconfident about backing thru gate or barrels and comes to me easily. Doesn't understand that yoyo is the game??
- Circling: he surely understands this one--send is whatever gait I want--allow is good with a bit of reinforcement, bring back is inconsistent--he doesn't look for me to help him in or look at his HQ?? Also upward transitions on the circle are good but downward not so much--curious as he would just as soon stop on the circle.
- Sideways--I would like this to improve so that he understands what sideways is and is willing to do it in a lovely relaxed fashion. Today the second side wasn't as good as Saturday.
- Squeeze--no issue with going between barrels 2' apart. How to progress--over, under--jump?
- Pedestal--we played with this a good bit and I found the lead with one leg method to put his foot on the pedestal and then give a treat--we will see how soon he catches on to this.
This blog is a continuation of 2009-2010. Basically this is a diary to provide motivation and to see where I have been and want to go. Background: I have been studying Parelli for about 7 years, my focus now is improving the quality of what I do. I am inching my way into level 4 study with Try. We have no career or performance aspirations. I'm just passionate about the journey of learning. This blog is public at times but when hit by wierd spam I make it private.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Monday with Spiderman
Monday I just didn't have much energy so played online and liberty with Spiderman for at least an hour. Took lots of time for things and inbetween and varied what we did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment