Tuesday, March 22, 2011

More humanality and day 1 review

Monday Try and I reviewed that we did with Dan on Thursday. I filmed the liberty and on line part. Plan to film some freestyle next time.

1. Sticking together/catch me: practiced changing sides in the sticking together. I would like to be lighter in my cueing but more effective but we got the full circle and keep going in the switch and I remembered after awhile to hold my hand out for Try to catch up with me. Some where along the way she drifted away--bored or something and I suggested if she wanted to leave that she do so with conviction. Started with messy trot, she hit something along the woods and gave some cool bucks and took off cantering, after awhile the canter and then trot gained rhythm and relaxation and finally contact, we did a few of the more relaxed change of directions we've ever had at liberty and then game over. The change of direction needed more precision from me.

2. the back up maintain gait was fabulous on Try's part--did not see any reaction to rope coming off the ground. I was able to maintain life up and finally remembered not just life up but neutral and Try read it and kept backing. Try gets super learner award for this!

3. Circling and leg yield w/inside hind leg: we were getting this but I was tired and messy and not reading it as well as I would like.

4. Riding--took long time to blow then did wheelbarrow turn and Try was flat out awesome, thank you.

5. HQ steps into backup--I was just too tired to focus

Decided NOT to go on to Spiderman--it was a BIG past 4 days and still really tired--need to catch up with myself a bit before resuming the 2 horse, 4 hour days.

HUMANALITY
Called Becky and got an appointment and explained the horsenality/humanality stuff to her to discuss my new found RBE side. Incredibly I have been hiding this from myself--who me fear?? naw but yes that nervous energy/adrenalin is fear based for sure and I've earned the right. Have learned to hide it as its "shameful" and adaptive to hide it. But now it seems the best way to keep it from affecting me adversely will be to recognize it and be as gentle with myself as I would be with a horse or another human.

No comments:

Post a Comment