Celebrating the Journey Itself
After 4 days of lessons, auditing, demos etc with PP Dan Thompson I am feeling a great sense of peace and that sort of cloud of overwhelming warmth and positive feeling for the whole world--That all enveloping positive state.
In so doing I am considering the value of celebrating daily the journey I am on and being less concerned about achieving a result. Although I am on a quest to use the best of myself and abilities toward excellence in horsemanship, taking my time, not hurrying to reach a goal has to be key. It is so lovely to stop each day and enjoy the wonder of being in the company of a horse.
As a ballet student, dancer, teacher, arts administrator, etc., the pressure of achieving—meeting demands of choreographers, performing while exhausted, financial goals of a dance troupe etc—could take away the joy and become a “job.” My original desire to dance was the love for the joy and freedom of moving to music. Although I was able to stop and tell myself to enjoy the journey even in the most pressured times; it would have been so much better if it the original joy could have remained foremost and success secondary. The dance world I experienced could be both positive and negative to the extreme. And I learned to add to any negativity by pushing so hard toward goals.
So now I am retired from dance and pursuing horsemanship. I got “into” horses for, again, that joy and freedom of movement and also the wonderful, incredible relationship with the horse. In the beginning it was just about the connection and relationship. Then, naturally, the desire for Parelli NH knowledge came as I wanted to learn to be everything my horse wanted me to be.
How wonderful that the Parelli program is such a positive one—that contacts with instructors, Linda, Pat, tour stops, courses, materials, social media all have that stamp of positivity to promote that sense of celebration and putting the relationship first.
So can I stop and savor every day at the barn as the gift it is? How fortunate for this to be my life.
So good to hear that you are celebrating!
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful!!!
Petra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central