Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spiderman - in the moment - refining picking up canter leads

Well I was in the moment much more today as I HAD to concentrate on so many things.

1. Spiderman not spooky today but sleepy--nice hanging out, grooming, saddling dwell time
2. In the two "scarey" spots in the ring: circle game tracking right in one spot, left in the other. A few bobbles but basically each one 4 good laps without breaking gait, with nice rhythm, relaxed, contact.
3. Warmed up strongly with a good hack for me: walk, trot canter--he was very laid back and sleepy and it took more energy from me to get a good rhythm. Then played with bowties picking up canter leads as Spiderman prefers his left lead. I LEARNED that I have been overdoing the ask--need to refine to my present level of horsemanship--realized that I have been asking Try on her haunch--now with Spiderman just behind the girth, etc. kissing, overdoing my body position etc to get the lead. Glad to be cleaning it up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment