A few days ago was my first time ponying another horse. Rode Try and ponyed Spiderman--it was super fun. I had to learn how to position Spiderman so I could have him stay on a side when turning so I could have him on or off the rail. It would be fun to be able to trail ride with them both. Think I'll start with just walking up and down the road.
Also from Try's back I was able to do some nice yoyo game with Spiderman. Tried circling game with Try standing still--way too much between the Spiderman out on the 22 but wanting to come in and the 11' reins with Try who wanted to move her feet. BA played with it some too only with Spiderman at liberty--we both found it much easier without the rope. The trick will be the horse I ride needs to know when I am directing my energy to the other horse and when to her. Also the horse out there to understand that we are playing games just as if I was on the ground. I had soooooooo much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment