Thursday, April 7, 2011

Being fully in the moment?

Yesterday was Try's day--she was curious when I arrived and starting setting up markers in her field with the "hills" (eastern NC is flat) in order to make the entire pasture into a precision pen of sorts.

Then we went to the small paddock out back for some liberty together time. We were both in and out of sync--actually that would be the theme for the day. Stuff I read from the humanality report kept flitting in and out of my head and I would lose focus on us. Try was either with me or distant/dominant. We actually had some nice liberty--sticking together with turns, she offered sideways so we did that away and towards with better impulsion than a few months ago. We played at the pedestal--she loves to put front feet up, so to further the game I asked for a back foot--she was hesitant to do so--and RBE that I am wasn't able to wait and doubted she would do it so got savvy string--lifted one back foot and placed it on the pedestal. She was perfectly happy like that and remained until I cued her to leave the pedestal. BUT no inclination to offer it without my helping her foot up there.

From report I am thinking today that waiting for the change is a big issue.

Try and I went to the ring and frankly just messed around riding with wheelbarrow turn, stretching, figure 8 and then left, walking up the road and back. Next, we went to her pasture where we did the giant figure 8 with cantering uphill thru the middle and million transitions. That went well and with much more precision because I had put the markers out to be clear about where we were going/focus.

Another issue I kept thinking about--if I know where I'm at intellectually, emotionally etc on the "magic" days, how can I purposely create that rather than it just happening. (sunny Sunday am alone at the barn with goals but no drive to achieve state of mind). Then I realized I was thinking and not being in the moment and tried to keep the thoughts away. How interesting??

No comments:

Post a Comment