Spent some early morning time today and time yesterday on considering the Analities/match material and made some lists for myself.
Try is a perfect horse for me:
1. We have matching energies--cusp E/I. I can play with her as LBI or LBE. I can cause her to go from LBI to LBE and the reverse fairly easily.
2. We both enjoy having fun and get bored easily with drilling, laps etc.
3. I feel SAFE!!! Her LB brave, confident, not spooky nature builds my confidence.
4. Her gaits are comfy and she is a "pleasure" to ride! She shifts easily from jog to trot or lope to canter, etc.
5. She is incredibly smart and clever and a great learner--when I am the leader I want to be.
6. She is not obnoxiously needy and in fact is quite independant. She can be sweet and connected.
7. I can cause her to be happy, relaxed content and she helps me to relax as well.
Rollover is a perfect situation for me for boarding:
1. Try loves it: big pasture, other horses, comfort, BA as strong/fair leader in caring for Try.
2. I am fully confident that Try is cared for, safe and comfortable--I know if Try were to be injured etc that BA will provide better knowledge than I have.
3. I love all big spaces to ride. Ring 200x300, fields. Space to move. Trails.
4. BA is great, responsive to my individual needs and supportive of my journey. She found Try for me and seems to always be able to find project horses for me, trailering, etc.
5. How great to have a riding "buddy" with BA's knowledge--also promotes my confidence--her high energy is a great match and the drive for quality/achievement is a match. I appreciate having someone to talk horse and someone that I could go to for advice/ideas if it were necessary.
6. The facility is peaceful and not filled with other horses/owners, lessons, kids etc as a big boarding facility would be.
Wow, this all sounds really, really cool!
ReplyDeletePetra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central