Got to the barn with a plan for just Try today. All the horses were in stalls! Wow--storm coming. Anyway Try was busy with her hay but Spiderman wanted to play/be with me/just get out of the stall???
So new plan was play with him and work just on confidence building. I realized that the really glorious sessions we have had together in the past were liberty in the small paddock with lots of touching and friendly--not extreme friendly--he loses confidence quickly with pressure. Well, that was a good choice as it was really windy--he did not get spooky but did look up every time he wind picked up. The only game we played was touch it with different objects--he seemed to be getting it but tomorrow will tell.
Next Try, We also had lots of dwell, friendly, wait LBI time--starting slow with liberty and some sticking together in a very laid back manner. Online was yoyo backing--teaching that life down means stop backing. Also we did some circling with HQ leg yields.
Riding: we started with passenger and Try roamed around the ring and then waited at the gate for 2 minutes. That didn't take long before she wanted to do something else. We did all the usual preparation for Game of Contact stuff and HQ exercises. I think she really is getting the wheel barrow turns and the HQ porcupine backup steps to back. We had fabulous falling leaf in one direction--she is really planting her HQ and swinging her shoulder. Also did some bowties drop to walk lead changes for relaxation. I watched for her expression the entire session and think she thought bad thoughts only briefly--cinching and ??I don't remember but when I saw it I made a change so it would go away.
Happy for you that you are having a good time! I got my match report, too... haven't had a chance to read it all but I'm a RBE, too :-)
ReplyDeletePetra Christensen
Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
Parelli Central