Thursday, April 21, 2011

Decision Made

Spiderman is going home. I cried and cried but it is the best thing. I have to consider safety--my reaction times are not fast enough and I do not read him well enough to be safe when he spooks.

After crying on Spiderman's shoulder and some lovely stick to me, I took him back to his pasture. In two months he is mid L2ish online and freestyle, nice liberty beginnings, lots of draw and ready for finesse (that one not my doing),

Then I got Try and she helped me feel better. We played on line in the field and she had a lovely attitude--then rode and I loved her canter on our "hills." Then we went on a passenger walk--she chose up the drive out the road to the right aways then turned and back the other direction, then turn and back to the barn. Guess that was enough fun for her.

The match put Try as LBE but I think she is LBI with RBI tendencies--she just has a lot of go. Anyway I think the fact she is left brain, very brave and confident is excellent for my RBE tendencies.

5 comments:

  1. Just saw your post... after I commented on the previous one. I think you made a wise decision, Elizabeth. Try will enjoy the extra time with you....

    Yours,
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Petra--I appreciate your help with the decision. All the blog comments really helped. I am sure another project horse will come into my life--Spiderman was my third this year. I am looking forward to a little break to catch up, enjoy spring with Try and take advantage of my gym membership with some Pilates and Zoomba and what ever else it takes to get back feeling like me. By then I think I'll be ready to something else. Also extra time to study PNH and hopefully continue study with Dan T each month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that was a difficult decision but I think you made a wise one. This will be a new step in the journey for you and Try with more time for one another which will be great for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a great plan, Elizabeth!!!

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete