Try: lots of hang time/dwell time. played with not disengaging HQ when halting after making a jump. Then lesson with Kathy--Try decided to maintain the little vertical flexion while Kathy and I worked on my equitation. I especially liked the feeling of a longer thigh. Need to change my habit of dropping my hands.
Keystone: better on the lead line/stick to me; got a bit more spirited today on line--even tried to pull away from me, I dug in and held him--he stopped licked and chewed. Spent time on friendly--better but still so much to do. I think the extreme friendly with my back to the fence is the next thing I need to do so he will understand its about me not the stick and string and he needs to search for the good deal. Backing got better--especially going out of the gate (purpose) and draw is nice. He still thinks circling game is the answer to everything. We played with figure 8. At first he took off at a trot and I thought how will I ever get it at a walk? But he quickly settled and walked 4 nice figure 8s.
Upped the laps and Keystone was fine--just a little huffy/puffy. Shower. When we got back to the pasture he cantered away from me--guess he had had enough of my company!
No comments:
Post a Comment