Yesterday I found out that I will be able to lease Keystone for the foreseeable future. Rode walk/trot/canter. He has super lazy at the walk but better at trot and canter. I will need to ride with spurs until he changes his mind set after being a school horse etc lately. Also I started PNH on line with friendly--rubbing all over, swing string over Z3/legs etc. Porcupine: backing from nose and chest ok could be lighter, same with FQ, HQ like a ball--escaping. Same with driving.
Plan: ride 4-5 days per week starting with 3 laps trot and one of canter--BA says likely take a month to get him back in condition/rebuild some muscle. Parelli L1 on line: build with yoyo next, touch it--perhaps with some treats for fun (and I bet he needs some fun--he seems bored/tuned out), and then circling as that is easy for him. I need to go slow and wait (but get it done) as I remember he gets frightened with what he perceives to be too much pressure.
Try: I didn't have much time, so groom/clip bridlepath etc and then in the ring. warmup and then BAREBACK CANTER in Parelli pad--two laps each way (2/3 mile) and not only did I feel strong and confident and ride on a loose rein but also I was able to day dream and think about other things. Mission accomplished so to speak. Huge breakthru for me mentally. Try was positive today when I saw her in the pasture and when we returned to the pasture in terms of bonding.
No comments:
Post a Comment