Took a few days to catch up with myself and then back to the barn Monday.
Big grooming and cleanup day for Try.
On line: played with progessing the jump task by asking for stop and back after going over the jump but asking from zone 3. Had to back up and ask for stopping straight and not swinging the hind quarters away to face me. Purpose--jumps--relaxation and stopping learning to seek the good deal and make the comfortable choice.
Bareback day: repeated stuff from lesson with Kathy, especially relaxation, alignment and long thigh muscles for me. Just a bit of contact and verticle flexion at the poll--not very successful. Then canter--tried singing Row Row Row your boat and at first Try thought I was asking her to make a downward transition Whoa Whoa Whoa your boat. LOL. Anyway we cantered all over, various patterns etc--all for the purpose of building my confidence. Then road up the road to the places with the best clover--twice asking Try to consider the wisdom of not getting a bit of adrenalin going.
Big shower--Some progress today with taking off the bridle, teets, and showering her face, holding her nose. Best part of the day to me: In her pasture she rolled with me only about 15' away. I turned my back and didn't watch when she went down then kept saying good girl as she rolled 3 times without getting up as I watched. I did not approach her.
No comments:
Post a Comment