Thursday, March 15, 2012

My first dressage lesson

Today I had a dressage lesson from Kathy Glielmi and it was fantastic. Very compatible with Parelli. Most of the lesson was centered on my position and relaxation. Kathy used images from yoga/Sally Swift etc and lots of corrections to help me achieve moments that felt so much better than some dressage video I have seen. Who knew sitting trot could be more comfortable than sitting on the couch at home? Will post my notes later. Try was lovely, responsive and looking for answers as we asked for just a little flexion at the poll.

Try and I were together for 4 hours in all--mostly liberty. Lesson was 1.5 hours with lots of dwell time in between for Try. Grooming etc and showering at liberty. Also hanging out in her pasture together at the end at liberty--she did roll but about 20' away. Later stopped by the barn to give Try a couple treats and she hustled to see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment