Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Field trip

Field trip to Amanda Steuber's barn. Jocelyn had a student who might be right for Keystone who is looking a new long term home. Because Bethanna came to help, Try and I caught a ride with BA. Always great for both Try and I to go different places for variety and confidence.

There were lots of new stimuli for Try: new horses, barn, things around, ring, field etc. Try was lovely start to finish--calm, her normal self just a bit more aware and quite curious. On line grooming, a few very games on line--very responsive--to check her out before riding.

Riding: The usual warmup--Try noted the new scenery. Then a basic hack--trot 2 point, posting and no stirrups and then canter. She was relaxed with a happy look on her face the whole time. I was able to do everything I might do at home with few adjustments. After riding we walked around the area and Try was very interested in everything including horses.

I sponged Try off before heading home, good shower bath at home and dwell time in her pasture. Still would not roll close to me but I have two new things to try next time! Below 2007 aerial--the little brown square is where Amanda's barn, ring and paddocks are now. (Big ring at far right is Barker's farm--Try and I did a fun show/benefit here once.)

No comments:

Post a Comment