Today I thought I would put off no stirrups posting trot in close contact saddle another day and take it easy with a bit bareback. HAH.
Played with match my shoulders coming from pasture to the ring. Round pen a bit of liberty--one good drawing zone 4 from a distance and also a 360 from a distance of 6-8 feet--unexpected--just happened. Also some slow cutting matching my shoulders--its not snappy--watch Annie video for transition.
A bit of yoyo and sideways for cueing from intention.
Then in the ring on line canter to check lead inside legs more foreward and change of direction--no cross canter. Played with shaping?? from my shoulders--only good if really close.
Ride walk til blow, some posting trot/walk transition to check for using cueing from my trot/walk in my body only it wasn't bad but could use repetition. HQ yield was better today--nice big step with just lifting my leg an inch or two and not using eyes and belly button.
Canter: if goal is to canter freely bareback then patterns and precision should help--anything to take my focus off the fact that I am cantering. We made some progress: on the rail, around the outside of the round pen, point to point with simple lead change in the middle. Dan's circle to straight exercise. Actually more than I had planned.
I am considering the idea that sometimes its ok to have less precision as we do something new or different BUT remember good enuf isn't good enuf and lack of precision ??leads to lack of a connection between Try and I.
Where was Try thinking? Transition to thinking with me as we came in, came and went at liberty, good on line circling, who knows, probably not cantering.
Finished with 15 minute graze by the road.
No comments:
Post a Comment