Round pen: studied Try's canter for the concept of leading leg--one coming the farthest forward should be the inside front and back. hmmmm
Playing with feeling the shoulder in posting trot and canter. I can feel the shoulder but not the HQ. Considered concepts of counter canter which we can do and that asking for a flying change often means a good change in the front/cross canter then slow up and she fixes it.
Test: "can you" I tried 3 strides of a lead, 5 of walk and repeat through center line of ring (300'). I was NOT able to do this. Problems were staying on a straight line, trusting I had the lead I wanted without looking, an engaged downward transition, really doing 3 strides/5 strides, and setting up asking for the lead by moving the HQ. I realized later it would have been cleaner to move HQ with indirect rein. Yuck what a mess--too many things to fix--need to simplify.
No comments:
Post a Comment