This week:
Tuesday: Keystone back--basic ride and Try--big bareback breakthru
Wednesday: Keystone plus Try--verticle flexion
Thursday: Keystone plus Try--bridleless canter (see below)
Friday: likely day off to catch up on other things
Saturday: plan is morning with Peggy, Try, Keystone and I playing.
More on Thursday: Try and I played (western saddle, string around the neck, carrot stick) with some slow bridleless walk/jog, 360 and some 180s on the rail--good turn on the forehand, fell apart with turn on the haunches and Try got emotional. At this point I would normally dismount and work it out on the ground but ended up riding thru it in the round pen (no carrot stick from this point on) for ??30 laps or so of big emotional canter, then took it out to the rail and continued the canter then cantered around the outside of the round pen until we could do that pattern without any corrections from the neck string then back to trot to check for relaxation, more canter, then finally jog nicely around the ring, round pen etc.
I did not know I could do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment