Big grooming day and then a 20 minute plus grazing before playing on line in Try's pasture. We got our first REALLY good flying lead change. Yahoo! Also I am liking observing which bad leg steps the farthest forward to check for canter lead versus cross canter.
Played with lots of stuff: Tea for Two (HQ yields), leads: move HQ/canter/walk repeat--cleanest I have ever felt.
Also the dreaded 2/3 mile of no stirrups posting trot and ewww on the rail--I find no stirrups so much easier in a pattern or something so I can focus my brain elsewhere. I am sure Try agrees. Nice quiet exit from the ring and walk to the barn.
So both bareback canter and no stirrups posting trot need variety for different reasons: bareback to build my confidence by putting my mind elsewhere, no stirrups to take my mind off the boredom and drudgery of it all.
Variety: patterns clover leaf, question box (has transitions-good for canter not for no stirrups), weave good for trot not for canter with lead changes?, serpentines good for both and can do simple lead changes if desired. etc. Also ride to music, play with speed within the gait, ride in the field with patterns, ride other places, up the road, field trips etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment