and, worse, I don't know why!
She was pleasant when I first saw her in her stall, she came to me, then pinned her ears when I put the bridle on. She did not like being groomed or even her forehead and ears rubbed. She was in an ugly mood when we got to her pasture so we went to the round pen.
I asked Try for something and she figuratively stuck her tongue out at me so I asked her to leave. She circled a while and then I invited her to come and she came licking and chewing--did not take long or much intensity. Then asked again and she sidepassed away to avoid it so game on again--this time with some temper on her part. Finally she was great--nice figure 8s at liberty walk and trot and sideways to me so we headed out.
On Line: asked for sideways from zone 1 and realized that requires not only bigger steps from HQ than FQ BUT also Try needs two eyes on me. This was really improved.
Then long line driving from zone 5 from one barrel to another with treats on every barrel and she got cranky again.
Riding freestyle: trot to get rid of some energy then played with a little riding with contact and stretching/fluid rein to get ready for Wednesday.
Finished with a big soapy bath and Try was again swishing her tail at me and pinning her ears when I touched her belly, etc.
Good thing tomorrow is a day off for Try--perhaps some dwell time in the round pen, me with a book and Try eating grass????
Keystone: Got BA to check him and he is doing better. Stopped and visited and gave him some carrot slices as I was leaving.
No comments:
Post a Comment