Friday: Mostly freestyle: warmup then played with flying changes using method from May mastery dvd but setting it up with simple changes for my learning. His changes are awesome--the only issue has been his doing them before I ask, which was not a problem when going straight thru the question box. My new habit--bend, shift, leg to ask. Plan to practice in both ? box and big bowtie patterns. I want to remember that a strung out lope will not help--use an effective phase to ask for a more collected canter--bending in the turns helps. Also he was awesome at riding with contact for just a couple minutes: walk/trot/sitting trot with no stirrups and back to walk with changes of direction. Also good workout for us both. Try was neglected--did visit and give her a carrot.
Sunday: Got Keystone out and cleaned him up and went for a long walk together where ever he wanted to go. Try and I spent 30 minutes at liberty in back paddock--dwell time.
No comments:
Post a Comment