Monday, June 11, 2012

Try was awesome today!!

My weekend of resting and study and visualization paid off.
Got to the barn and heard that Try was truly not happy with her new roommate.

We went to her pasture and I turned her loose so I could fix a loose hinge on the shed and set up tarp/ball/toys etc. She was upset with Ollie calling to her so we played the catching game as Dan taught it and by reducing the area where she was cantering, offering the invitation--she happily came to me. Played circling game just a bit with change of direction and she settled nicely.

We played with toys--touch it--pedestal, ball and tarp. I stood 15-20 feet away and pointed and she went to pedestal, I waited and she stood on it. I pointed to the tarp and she crossed it several different ways, then pointed to the ball and she pushed it for awhile. She got a carrot slice or two.

Then went to the shed to tack up and played games to allow tightening the girth in stages. i.e. sideways to and fro, HQ yield, sideways from zone 1, etc.

 Then softly took a little contact and followed her movement and released a couple times at a walk. Then played with tarp and ball--took awhile for her to get the idea about the ball but when she got it she really got it. Tarp a non issue. Then back to contact and she really offered to stretch then picked up the trot and powered up while stretching. Finished with big loose freestyle trot and canter.

Then clean up/shower/rainrot treatment and carrots.

Next Keystone: brought him up to the barn for rainrot and cleanup/shower then grazed on the way back to his barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment