Lots of on line and liberty all mixed up from moment to moment. today I was rested, and had a good plan and mostly stuck with it. Try was in her pasture instead of her stall which gave us the opportunity to check out the new play area and tack/toy storage area in the shed in her pasture.
Started with catching game--glad to have the opportunity to play. But, Try wasn't playing--she kept eating and I went to her and she came. Later tho we were able to play with Try looking up, my approaching and a little stick/string and Try coming to me.
Next was yoyo and sideways from zone 1--my object was to ask only once or twice. Well yoyo required intention alone. But sideways from zone 1 improved but I really nagged not finding an effective phase for the lagging derriere.
Next circling--started slow with walk then trot 10 laps each way, then canter 5 laps each way then back to trot and by then rhythm was really improved but relaxation only somewhat--she did blow at the canter. Contact: when she wanted the game to end.
Then HQ/FQ isolations: swinging shoulders from zone 1--her right side is great but not the left. Some falling leaf/sbend--she just wants to come in and face up.
Riding: leisurely, rest stops, walk til blow, transitions and patterns, casual and steady rein, fluid rein for stretching, HQ/FQ.
after riding we went into the barn for shower and back out to pasture.
Keystone: After two hours with Try I was out of energy BUT needed to check Keystone and sure enough he needed to come in and be cleaned up and treated. We did get a lot of dwell/friendly time and grazing time. I am seeing more trust and connection.
No comments:
Post a Comment