Thursday, February 16, 2012

Wednesday

Another fear managed!

I have been afraid of cantering downhill though it took me awhile to recognize it as a fear. I think Try stumbled a bit when I first tried it and then I began a pattern of avoidance without realizing it was not only a fear but an unrealistic one. So---BA caught Ollie for me so I could use the field that has just a bit of a hill. Try and I played circling game variations on the incline and I was able to see that Try was completely secure in her footing. Then rode using the entire field and again no safety issues--I did need to help Try to maintain gait at the canter going downhill as I had caused a pattern that we would drop to trot at that point.

For the future--change of direction at the canter on line--I recognized Try cross firing. I need to decide whether to do a simple drop to trot change, just allow it and fix it or get more impulsion from Try in the change of direction and ask for flying change. This a subject for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment