Today I discovered that Try shapes/bends on the circle just fine when I am riding--I do not need to cue her in zone 1--eyes, belly button is sufficient or leg at the girth. Now to apply this to on line with getting Try to match my shaping and perhaps carrot stick pointing at zone 3 as she already knows these cues from riding.
Again impressed today at how much Try responds to intention and appreciates that over other cueing.
Played with lots of gates today and Try had no reaction to stopping at the far gate which was an issue two years ago. (Baggage/Pressure from trail competition as a young horse.)
Then I got frustrated and was not able to shake it off and not having a field to ride in--we wanted the hilly field to play on line and freestyle with downhill canter. We waited 1.5 hours!!! for someone to not be able to catch their horse in the field and bring him in to ride. grrrrr This is an issue to address with BA the next time I see her.
No comments:
Post a Comment