So many impressions and very few notes taken.
Overall the weekend was about getting reconnected with Parelli, people I know, new folks, new ideas, etc. I left feeling inspired and that Try and I really can do this.
I was touched by Kalley playing with her mare and baby. Loved the fun, funny session with Linda, Michael and Ruby--coaching a humanality/horsenality mismatch--but more helping someone prelevel 1. Also great as the horse Ruby was so full of joy.
Enjoyed Lillan and Emily's spotlight and was struck by how very much of that Try and I can do--probably not in front of thousands of people, etc. but certainly at home without the time constraints.
Adelia and I both got to do rider biomechanic makeovers with Colleen Kelly. She liked my stirrup length, strength as a rider which she attributed to ballet but in all fairness I owe BA a big thank you for this as well. She did show me how to pull out my thigh for a better position--more parallel and I was surprized that it didn't feel wierdly turned in and it didn't put any pressure on my knee.
I picked up some interesting ways to approach flying lead changes and loved watching Linda with Hot Jazz and the careful way she discussed GoC with us while getting such a young RBI horse comfortable in the arena. What a gorgeous sweet horse.
Also a huge part of the weekend was getting time with people I know and do not see often--from near like Peggy, Chris and Sherri to those from other parts of the state. Also it was great to be able to introduce myself to people I hope to get to know/work with in the future. I had really good room mates also in Adelia and Joyce--we meshed well as to scheduling, eating, watching out for each other, etc. We made a good team.
No comments:
Post a Comment