I was surprized to find Try in a cranky mood when I got to the barn. (Later Karen told me she had been especially unhappy about all the time in the barn due to heavy rain Sunday.) I decided zero tolerance and we played online in her field immediately--I don't remember which games but kinda rapid fire until I felt her connect.
Then we went to ring and I had tack and grooming stuff there already. I reviewed the one cue per direction and it was better then sideways from intention and maintain gait was soooo much better. I may have been more clear and Try may have had time to process since Saturday. We also did a bit of circling maintain gait, close range circling for shaping and I still don't know how I am doing. 360s and some creative 360s--don't even know what/how--just happened (?en dehors/en dedans?). Lots a stream of consiousness on line play.
Then ride for my strength: ring really muddy so we got creative about no stirrups posting trot patterns finding the best places in the ring including clover leaf.
For next time: review notes and see where we are--come up with new plan. I know I would like to revisit maintain gait over the jump. Perhaps get BA to take a look at shaping in on line circling as its hard for me to judge Try's shape from the ground.
No comments:
Post a Comment