Forgot helmet and boots and decided not to ride. We played with cueing from intention with the sideways game on line as that seemed a logical step. We sidepassed over lots of object in the new play area--green ball, tarp, barrel, cavaletti pole etc. Try got the idea to begin from my energy up BUT although I could cue her to stop with life down--she also would stop without it. I have just not thought about maintain gait with sideways til this last time with Dan.
Then I realized after doing all that sideways, Try's new answer to everything was sideways so we went back to cue once for back then sideways away, then forward, then sideways towards etc to review the difference in the cues. (Where was Try thinking issue?)
Also lotsa grazing in the good clover, hanging out time. I want to do circling shaping soon and maintaining gait over the jump. I realized that we have done so much more liberty than on line.
Liberty: Hanging out, match my shoulders in the weave, find my focus, sticking together. Better connection between us than on line--perhaps the grazing in between had an effect? Or the fact that it was just more convenient to do liberty than on line?
Note: Try seemed very interested in seeing me and not anxious for the time to be over. Has to be more interesting and profitable for her than the more isolated pasture she and Shirley are in. And of course none of the pastures have the best clover any more.
For next time: for my strength--2 point canter, no stirrups. I want to go back to shaping on the circle and ?? checking maintain gait laps?? Review one cue basics and maintain gait sideways and backing.
No comments:
Post a Comment