Friday, February 24, 2012

Thursday - 4 hours at the barn

I don't even know where the time went ... weather was gorgeous, lots going on etc.

Arrived with vet on the way for Cathy who is moving to Florida--getting tickets to tour stop for her. Visited with folks from Pamlico meeting vet. Updated supplement containers and tossed out empty buckets. Got Try but didn't really play on the way in. Big grooming and clip as I had time and the weather was so warm and nice--nearly 80 degrees. Then Try and I played around in the ring with basics for Saturday with Lisa Graf etc and circling online shaping. Then dwell time. Next shared some Parelli on line stuff with BA--I had asked her to take a look at the circle shaping and she said why not start it from stick to me--well I did not realize I have gotten really sloppy with this--Try needs to stay right at my shoulder and I need to use stick/string effectively to keep this sharp--also from fast trot to halt to give Try a little heads up so she can stop right with me. Circling shaping--small circle trot and add gently tip head to give Try the idea and see if this can be a new habit then expand. Next I demoed for BA maintain gait over jumps at walk/trot/canter--Try was great and really relaxed. Then I did a basic hack with 2/3 mile non stop no stirrups posting trot for my strength. We finished with a shower and bathed especially head, ears, mane and tail and dried off with grazing around the farm including behind Karen's house. Brought Try back to her pasture and hoped she would roll but she was not so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment