Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tuesday back from Lexington

Wow--Try was glad to have me back I think from the way she watched me as I came into her pasture. BA and I moved a lot of toys and obstacles to the long narrow paddock beside the ring--tarp, barrel, pedestal, weave cones. (next time also the ball, cavaletti poles, more cones and the jump boxes.

We played on line, liberty and rode with the toys. For example, we started with touch it on line--Try went to each and sniffed--fun thing--I put big heavy cone on top of barrel and Try remembered the game and knocked off the cone, then when I didn't either ask her to leave or give cookie--she knocked the barrel over also. Liberty: I was especially excited that we were able to trot the weave cones (stick to me) from matching my shoulders. Riding: trot the tarp and best thing was Try was put two front feet on the pedestal with me on her back. By that time both of us had brains that were fried and we did no stirrups posting trot laps and called it a day.

Try is really getting the idea of cueing from my intention--drive, draw, stop. I want to follow up on this with a block of time for just the sideways game. Also we did not get to shaping on the circle. Or followup on Colleen Kelly's stuff or Pat's lead changes and I want to review Dan on lead changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment