Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wednesday - hot mess

First--dwell time, friendly and scratches on her neck where deer flies have been biting her. We started with sticking together so we could get on the same page. We even had some turns at the trot--I could see us being like my memory of Skip/LBE from years ago.

I had a plan for yoyo and sideways--phases and then progress--using energy up/dn BUT Try went RB pretty quickly moving her feet. Just a big old mess--I did not go with her--tried to calm her down and start over etc.

Then she offered the pedestal and we were close to having 4 feet and I went and got treats for her. Now we were really back to LB.

Walked up the drive stopping to eat grass and returned to the barn with Z4 following rather than Z5 driving. She does start nicely from porcupine, turn a bit and halt. Finished with cooling her off with wet towels and lotsa fly spray and scratches.

No comments:

Post a Comment