Saturday, June 11, 2011

Mastery Manual on Emotional Fitness (for my horse)

Yesterday I reread the June 2009 mastery manual on 5 ways to improve your horse's emotional fitness AND it means something entirely different now.

NOW I recognize that while mild Try is often a bit RBI or RBE and I am getting strategies to help her with both so she can be brave/calm, confortable/confident. As the goal is surely a HAPPY horse.

Important is to RECOGNIZE the fear.
Recommended is the extreme friendly game: rhythm, relaxation and approach and retreat. Standing still is not necessarily relaxation. It would be good to check in with Try on this again and make a program of it for a couple days if there are issues. Also my upping my energy etc puts additional pressure on Try now so things may have changed re extreme friendly. Can I be more creative with this?

Slower and faster is a way to vary, holding up a leg also.

Increased exposure as preparation for going new places.
Make lots of changes in environment at home
Touch it

No comments:

Post a Comment