I just wanted to have fun and let some stuff slide.
1. When I met Try at her stall--she walked forward and put her head in the halter but with an evil look on her face--LBI dominance.
2. I tied her to groom, left her to go see Jen's recital photos etc and she was relaxed.
3. Saddling--in the back paddock for girthiness program--messy--she had a bad attitude but was clever about not showing but just so much making it more difficult for me to turn it into a sideways game. I bet next time it will be worse. This is a habit she is not going to give up easily.
In the ring
1. Watched the June dvd on touch it variations: matching energy, being creative and coupling it with other games and having a plan. So did 1. yoyo then backup and redirect to nose (and one foot) on the pedestal. 2. sideways to the cavaletti pole and touch it with one foot. 3. circling over a jump (forgot the touch it part) Try was very responsive.
This all went well--I was careful with my cueing. Silence/attention/ask/listen/feedback.
Mount and wait, walk til blow pilates. Tried to hold her tail and could not reach it. Guiding with fingertips at a walk we could do. Did a little falling leaf and HQ yield backup that were good--tried them with spurs for a little clarity. Next time no spurs but warm up strongly and see how they go.
In the field: walked out of ring nicely and then explored the big field for awhile before going into the field with the hill. Did one cloverleaf and 2 serpentines trot and canter and they went well.
Then when I wanted to leave Try got antsy about wanting to leave--??I don't know what to do--this is RBE so I am supposed to keep her moving and match her energy plus 4 ounces??
Then walked calmly thru the gate, up the drive back into the ring to get my stuff. Shower, drying off and dwell time in the paddock and some more progress with the pedestal--much more LB about back feet on the pedestal.
No comments:
Post a Comment