Saturday, June 11, 2011

Power Up Issue

Friday I did 1/2 a zumba and a full conditioning class at the Y as part of the power up summer challenge. I have some doubts about this--as far as conditioning class went there was some good upper body weight lifting that I was not doing BUT I think I can come up with a program that better suits my needs.

The idea is that as Try is naturally more dominant than I am and she appreciates stronger leadership from me, weight lifting may give me a stronger physical energy without business. That actually being soft, supportive and sweet to Try will be appreciated by her only when she is RBI.

Two issues: ballet and age

Ballet: It took a long time to learn to move fully, be relaxed and breathe so it would look like nothing and look like low energy. I noticed some folks in zumba with huge energy but it just looked out of control to me and hugely unattractive. Dan says don't worry I won't lose "precision."

Age: I am wondering if getting old creates the lower energy and a softness of muscle etc? If so is the reverse true--will powering up keep ya younger longer?

Powering up: sometimes I can deliberately create it as an intellectual/acting exercise and sometimes I can't. Today I am tired and I don't want to power up.

No comments:

Post a Comment