Thursday, May 3, 2012

Wednesday with Kathy


7th lesson May 2 First lesson with Keystone

·       My impressions: Keystone picked up some vertical flexion easier than Try. But instead of ugly faces or tail swishing he is more subtle in his feedback. Kathy said because I do not know what I am doing yet he says well she isn’t asking properly so I won’t do it and was difficult to get any kind of energy in his walk or trot. I guess I thought Kathy would wave a magic wand and Keystone would just do it. Not going to be that simple.

·       FOR ME: priority is a global feeling of relaxation—soft eyes relaxed thigh feeling etc. If tension creeps in—usually shoulders first—make a quick correction and back to the global feeling.

·       BREATHE rhythmically

·       ELBOWS, relax wrist, hand. Remember ELBOW is not part of the SHOULDER.

·       Let rein slide and completely let Keystone go so he learns what I want with the vertical flexion.

·       Impulsion issue: Key is good when I am relaxed!! Carry stick, chirp, move him turning R/L, be clear about phases. Ask him to go forward, bounce leg parallel, stick, really stick, gig him w/spur etc. My spurring is nagging—just touching the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment