Try:
Liberty in back paddock: We played with zone 5: lead by the hocks ok, very light nice lead by the tail, also stick to me backup. Also Sbend circling drawing Z1 w/HQ yields. Groom, saddle at liberty also--felt very connected.
Bareback in the ring: warmup, indirect rein to direct for 360 on the rail. other HQ/FQ isolations, good connection between us--with as little rein use as possible. Then canter for fitness etc--goal was 6 laps but footing was especially bad so made other patterns in the ring and one bad stumble--hard to concentrate on my position.
Keystone:
Lesson with Kathy leading to GoC: We backed up and worked on basics of riding with contact including lots of simulations so I can better understand how things feel to Key. Then I worked on my resting hands, jelly fingers, elbows, shoulders down (not part of my elbows), following Keys movement, following in stretching etc. We finished with few a minutes of vertical flexion (each followed quickly with a big release) at mostly at the walk and ??twice at the trot.
I was so pleased that Keystone seemed to enjoy this lesson. Also I noticed he was relaxed and looser looking in his body when we got back to the barn!!
No comments:
Post a Comment